Intro paragraph goes here.
Salmon Sweet Potato Sea Cakes Recipe
- 6 ounces cooked salmon with skin, cooled and flaked (can also use canned salmon, drained)
- 1 small sweet potato, roasted, skin removed and mashed
- 1 teaspoon grated white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric root (or powder if turmeric root unavailable)
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds or garbanzo bean flour (or any breadcrumbs/flour of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, melted and divided
- Pinch of sea salt
Combine all ingredients and 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil in a large bowl until everything comes together. You may need to use a fork to get the salmon and sweet potato to come together. Form into 6 small or 4 large patties. Heat a skillet on medium-high with the remaining oil. Sear the sea cakes on each side about 5 minutes, until browned.
- 3/4 cup cashew cream*
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fine chopped cucumber (pickled if you have)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric (or powder if turmeric root unavailable)
- Dash of paprika
* Cashew cream is one-part water to two parts raw, soaked cashews, blended until creamy consistency (can be made in advance and is freezer-friendly).
Combine all ingredients for the cashew cremoulade in a medium bowl.
Serve the sea cakes with the cremoulade over greens, pasta, spiralized veggies (pictured), rice, or even your favorite bread/hamburger bun.